I have noticed an interesting trend. When I send out a batch of job applications, I "magically" start receiving friend requests from single girls my age who supposedly graduated from my high school. The results are downright comical. Although these girls appear to be my age, they supposedly graduated from my high school 5 years before my very existence! And, interestingly enough, they recently graduated from a university that specializes in the very discipline area of the jobs I had applied for. A few weeks ago, after completing applications for different positions within the same company, I had two individuals requesting to be Facebook friends who, oddly enough, had identical profile pictures! Identical twins? I think not!
Although I have nothing to hide from potential employers on Facebook (as a matter of fact I requested to be friends with my current boss) I don't appreciate potential employers trying to "fly under my radar" by pretending to be someone entirely different. Moral of the story? You may want to do some checking before accepting that next friend request on Facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment