Now, post graduation, things look much different, it's actually possible to finish everything on my schedule and be left with a legitimate feeling of "Hu, now what?". Back in college I thought I was looking forward to this, but now, it's downright torturous!! I think I have become addicted to overflowing schedules, and the promise of working extra hard to get somewhere significant in life....... fast.
Although I am anywhere but close to completely remedying this problem, I have discovered some promising ideas:
- Get into that hobby you always wanted to explore, but previously never had time for. Now that I am out of college, I have the time to get into some serious alpine (downhill) skiing. Refining a new skill can be very rewarding and beneficial.
- Help a college kid! Those days of stressful projects and exams are not all that far behind us are they (and for those of us going on to master's level studies....... Surprise!! They're about to make a comeback!!)?? I've found academically assisting friends, who are still in undergrad, is a great way to make good use of newfound time, be a good friend, and keep that hard-earned undergrad degree sharp!
- Volunteer!! Volunteering is a great way to show potential employers and graduate schools your diligence and social responsibility, plus it's a great way to give back to society!
Have a great day Young Professionals, make great use of your newfound time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment